We only live and die,
We only live and die,
We only live and die.
How dare you calling me victorious,
the last time you were calling me?
we are just running after money,
like fucking lunatics!
As if there was NOTHING more important,
in our lives.
How can we waste all this time,
of growing old,
pretending the key to happiness,
is made of gold,
when in the end,
we only live and die?
So, do you like your money?
Does it drown all your sorrows?
And does it taste like honey?
Is it worth it to get lost in greed?
To chase after more than what you need?
Don’t you -,
Can’t you see?
You don’t get to take a thing with you,
when you leave.
So, just go,
spend it all,
is worth saving,
can ever be more precious,
than life itself,
you HAVE to spend!
do you understand?!
About the poem:
A few days ago, I went to this festival here in Shanghai. It was a nice and summery day, everyone was in a good mood and there was lots to discover, especially Chinese Bands. There was this one band, they were singing in Chinese, however for some reason I couldn’t quite hear what they were singing exactly, due to the loudness of the instruments. I didn’t mind. There was this one hook line, which (to me) sounded like “We only live and die”.
Somehow I couldn’t forget about this single line, so I sat down and decided to write it down. I’m glad I did, because I haven’t been feeling like writing much lately. Not because I don’t want to, because I had too many other things on my mind lately.
Here’s and Update for whoever wants to know:
– I’m planing to change to a more suitable blog theme, allowing me to categorise better.
– Speaking of categorising: I have plans to introduce a few new (creative) categories on this blog:
1. Collaborations (Yes, I’m finally going to do it!)
2. Guest Posts (It’s a waste not to share the treasures I find with you)
3. Digital Art (Yes, that’s right. I want to learn more about it and try to use and nourish my creativity in another artistic way)
4. Publications (I’m fortunate enough to have been published by an online literary press two times already, so I want to dedicate a section for these “special” poems)
Alright, there is lots and lots to do for me in the coming few weeks. Finding a blog theme I am completely happy with for example is more difficult and time consuming than it appears to be.
See you soon,